This is a Southern Chinese recipe
2 tsp salt
4-5 slices ginger root, shredded
2 tbsps soy sauce
1 tbsp chili sauce
2 tbsps dry sherry
2/3 cups chicken stock
5 tbsps oil
2 onion, thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves, minced
3-4 scallions, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 egg, beaten
1. Separate the claws from each crab and crack them open. Place each crab on its back and firmly pull the body, with the legs attached, away from the shell. Remove and discard the grey stomach sac and the grey feathered gills. Cut the body part into 4 pieces and sprinkle with the salt and ginger.
2. Combine the soy sauce, chili sauce, sherry and stock together.
3. Heat the oil in a large pan over high heat. Add the onions and garlic. Stir fry for 30 seconds. Add all the crab pieces including the body shells, and the scallions. Stir fry for 3 to 4 minutes, until cooked through.
4. Pour the soy sauce mixture over the crab pieces and bring to the boil, stirring constantly. Pour the egg into the pan in a thin stream and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
5. Turn the mixture onto a warmed serving dish. Eat by scraping the crab meat out of the main shell and claws. To eat the body, use the legs as handles, while extracting the meat.