- 2 lb. lobster tails
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. fermented black beans, rinsed, and drained
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1/4 lb. ground pork
- 1 1/2 c. hot water
- 1 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. MSG, optional
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp. dry sherry
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp. water
- cilantro sprigs
- green onion curls
- hot cooked rice
For the best results in preparing this attractive Chinese dish cook
the lobster pieces as quickly as possible.
The beaten egg added to the sauce makes it richer and creamier.
1) With sharp knife, pry lobster meat from shell, and slice into
medallions. Mince garlic and black beans together.
2) Heat oil in wok or skillet, and add garlic mixture. Cook, and stir a
3) Add pork and cook about 10 mins., stirring to break up meat.
4) Add hot water, soy sauce and MSG. Add lobster medallions, and cook for 2 mins.
5) Mix cornstarch and sherry, and stir into sauce.
6) Beat egg with 3 tbsp. water, and blend into sauce. Cook over low heat for 30 secs., stirring constantly. Sauce should be creamy, but not heavy.
7) Spoon sauce into center of platter. Arrange medallions in sauce in a decorative pattern. Garnish with cilantro and green onion curls. For each serving, place a few lobster medallions over rice in bowl. Spoon sauce over lobster.
Submitted by : Pauline P.