This is a Western Chinese recipe
10 fresh scallops, cut into bite-size pieces
½ tsp teaspoon ginger juice
1 tsp dry white whine
½ tsp salt
3 tbsps self-rising flour
Oil for deep-frying
1. Parboil the scallops for 1 minute and drain. Sprinkle with the ginger juice.
2. Beat the egg in a bowl. Add the wine, salt and flour, and beat until smooth.
3. Fold in the scallops and toss until evenly coated with batter.
4. Heat the oil to 160°C/325°F. Deep fry the scallops until golden brown. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
5. Serve hot with tomato ketchup (sauce) or hoisin sauce.