This is a Shangdong recipe
Serves 1 to 2
8 oz. fresh spinach
2 oz. fresh mushrooms, evenly sized
3 slices of ginger
4 tbsps. oil
1 tsp. rice wine
1/2 tsp. salt
Pinch of MSG
Pinch of black pepper
1 tsp. sesame oil
2 tbsp. water
1 fresh dressed crab, medium size
1 tsp. cornstarch blended with 1 tsp. water
1. Wash and tear the ribs from the spinach.
2. Wipe the mushrooms and cut the caps into quarters. Chop the scallion and ginger.
3. Stir fry the mushrooms in a wok with 1 tbsp. oil over a medium heat for about 2 minutes. Then remove and put another 2 tbsps. oil into the wok.
4. Stir fry the spinach for 30 seconds over a high heat. Add 4 tbsps. water and continue stir frying for another 2 minutes over a high heat
5. Drain if necessary. Arrange on a serving plate and keep warm.
6. Heat another 1 tbsp oil in the wok and fry the scallion and ginger for 15 seconds.
7. Add the mushrooms and the seasoning sauce. Bring to the boil and stir in the crab meat.
8. Cook for another 1 minute, stirring all the time. Thicken with cornstarch mixture and pour over the spinach.