This is a Western Chinese recipe
1 lb duck meat, cut into bite-size pieces
2 slices ginger root, shredded
1 tsp salt
3 tbsps oil
2 scallions, cut into ½ inch pieces
1 tsp sugar
2 ½ tbsps soy sauce
5 tbsps green peas
5 tbsps toasted almonds
2 tsps cornstarch
3 tbsps stock
2 tbsps dry sherry
1. Rub the duck with ginger, salt and 1 tablespoon of the oil. Leave for 30 minutes.
2. Heat the remaining oil in a pan over high heat. Add the duck and scallions and stir fry for 1 ½ minutes.
3. Add the sugar and soy sauce and stir fry for 30 seconds.
4. Add the peas and almonds. Stir fry for a further 1 minute.
5. Dissolve the cornstarch in the stock and sherry. Add to the pan, stirring until the sauce thickens. Simmer for a final 30 seconds. Serve hot.
Note: Braised celery and fried rice are suitable accompaniments to this dish.