This is one of the most common stir fries in Cantonese family cooking
5 oz. lean pork
2 tsp. rice wine
½ tsp/ sugar
½ tsp cornstarch
Pinch of salt
8oz. bean sprouts
3 slices of ginger
2 tsps. Sichuan peppercorns
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. freshly ground white pepper
Pinch of MSG (optional)
Oil for deep frying
1) Shred the pork into matchstick pieces and marinate for 30 minutes.
2) Pick over the bean sprouts and dip in boiling water for 30 seconds, then plunge straight into cold water and afterwards drain well.
3) Deep fry the pork in hot fat for 30 seconds and drain.
4) Hear 2 tbsp. oil in a wok and gently fry the ginger and Sichuan peppercorns until they smell good (about 3 minutes); then take out the peppercorns and ginger with a slotted spoon and put in the beansprouts.
5) Stir fry for 30 seconds, then add the meat. Continue frying for another minute. Adjust the seasoning with the salt, pepper and MSG to taste and serve very hot.