This is a Cantonese recipe.
5 oz. lean beef
1 tsp. soy sauce
½ tsp. rice wine
1 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. oil
2 oz. onion (Spanish)
4 oz. green pepper
1 tbsp. black beans
2 tsp. soy sauce
Pinch of sugar, salt and pepper to taste
Oil for deep frying
1. Cut the beef into thin strips about 1/2-in wide. Marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Cut the peppers into similar strips and slice the onion.
3. Deep fry the beef for 30 seconds in hot oil, then drain.
4. Heat the wok with 1-1/2 tbsp. oil and stir fry the onion until soft but not brown.
5. Add the peppers and black beans and continue to stir-fry for another 2 minutes, then add the meat and stir fry for 30 seconds.
6. Lift the wok from the heat. Stir in the soy sauce, adjust the seasoning with sugar, salt and pepper and serve at once.